BehaviourWorks Australia is not a consultancy per se. Rather, we’re a university-based research unit that helps organisations view common and complex social, environmental and organisational problems through a behavioural lens.
We believe that having a practice grounded in academia gives us – and our partners – a distinct advantage. It means that our researchers are independent and trained to seek out and interpret data using well-established tools and processes and to provide qualified advice on the social, psychological, economic and environmental dimensions of real-world problems.
Collaboration is in our DNA. It’s a mindset that reflects our commitment to working with our partners in a way that maximises opportunities for knowledge sharing, capability building and the translation of research evidence into policy and practice.
While grounded in academia, many of our researchers have worked in government and industry and are sensitive to the systems and processes of business.
Our partners tell us that we’re an innovative, agile and fun organisation to work with; one that doesn’t just focus on theory but problem-solving.
There are two ways of working with us.
1: Consortium partners are generally organisations that have worked with us for some time and want to enter into a more formal arrangement to enable knowledge sharing and capability building.
2. Project partners are organisations that work with us on a project by project basis. In entering into these partnerships, we generally look for projects that have a social benefit and have the potential to result in a publication, conference presentation or report.
To all our partners we offer:
- A tried and tested method for identifying behavioural problems, prioritising behaviours and developing intervention strategies.
- Access to specialists from a range of behavioural/social science backgrounds.
- Skills in designing, conducting and evaluating behaviour change trials.
- Access to a subject matter experts from Monash University and other knowledge centres around the world.
- Education and training.